- Setting tags
- Creating your first segment and sending the notification
Before you start using segments you need to define your application's tags.
Tag is a way to distinguish between users in your app, and a set of tags with conditions between them can create a segment.
Tags can come in 4 types:
Let's say your app is a game and you have set the tags "In App Purchase" of type Date, to set the date of the user's last in app purchase and "Level 1" and "Level 2" of type Boolean, to set if the user has passed each of this levels.
You can create the segment "In App Purchase" Happened within the last 30 days AND "Level 1" Is True AND "Level 2" Is False - this segment will include users that have made an in app purchase in your app in the last 30 days and passed level 1 but didn't pass level 2 in your game
Now, you might want to motivate these users to come back and play again by sending them a tip on how to finish level 2.
Setting tags through the SDK
To set tags through our SDK please refer to:
The tags you set through the SDK will appear in the Admin Console automatically.
Setting tags through the Admin Console
- Go To My Apps -> Main
- Compose your message as seen in Sending notifications and select By Segments under To Whom?
- Click on Add new segment to list
Click on Add New Tag
Select Date type and call the tag identifier "In App Purchase" and click on Add, and then do the same for Boolean with "Level 1" and "Level 2". Notice the automatic tags you get from us, you can also use them if you want.
- You are done, you can proceed to the next step to create your first segment.
Creating your first segment and sending the notification
- Choose the tags you have created in the previous step and set the conditions you desire using the Add Condition or Add Inner Condition buttons. Once done, name your segment and click on Save.
- You will see the new segment you have created as the selected one for this notification
- Finish your notification's setting, for example let's create a weekly notification ( we also recommend to check the According to device'd time zone check box ), and save it.
- That's it. you will be able to view you notification in the Running notifications section